Wii Nunchuk Use

Modules, cases, buttons...

Wii Nunchuk Use

Postby superfreaky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:53 am

First off, I apologise if this is in the wrong forum thread.
Second off, let's get to business. So I think I read somewhere that Nunchuks use a standard SPI interface. It seems to me that using dual Nunchuks makes for an instant GB upgrade. Think about it: dual thumbsticks, not one but two sets of shoulder buttons, accelerometers, and with a minimum of hacking, an ergonomic grip. How's that for an expansion?
I apologize to anyone who was disappointed by this post if using Nunchuks is not really a possibility. It seems to me it would be, though.
superfreaky

Re: Wii Nunchuk Use

Postby Jolly » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Nice idea. :)
This site suggests that the Nunchuk is working with arduino, so you can jump right into it and build a small example.

I don't own a Wii or the Nunchuks, so I'm curious if you can make something fun with them. :)
Jolly

Postby superfreaky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Yay! I will see what I can do. However, I hardly know the basics of code. I am learning, but it will be quite a while before anything happens. I have two Nunchuks, so I should be able to eventually add one to each side of the Gamebuino.
superfreaky

Postby superfreaky » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Actually, to use the nunchuks would probably require a custom library. It could be a very long time before I get it working.
I did actually find an I2C adapter here: https://solarbotics.com/product/31040/
This is starting to look promising!
superfreaky

Return to Hardware Development