Character map

Libraries, utilities, bootloaders...

Re: Character map

Postby Myndale » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:33 am

I see you've already added a wifi icon, how about a generalized network icon to show when connection to other Gamebuinos via the SPI ports has been established during multiplayer games? I'm thinking maybe something along these lines:

http://goo.gl/wyA1Zk
Myndale

Postby hrangan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:01 am

Myndale wrote:I see you've already added a wifi icon, how about a generalized network icon to show when connection to other Gamebuinos via the SPI ports has been established during multiplayer games? I'm thinking maybe something along these lines:

+1
hrangan

Postby adekto » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:46 am

Myndale wrote:I see you've already added a wifi icon, how about a generalized network icon to show when connection to other Gamebuinos via the SPI ports has been established during multiplayer games? I'm thinking maybe something along these lines:

u mean 0x14? actualy thats a soundwave for the speaker, but i geus it also can be used for wireless,
the 5/7 pixel size is very limiting but i tryed some out:
1: cable, 2: spi, 3: io cable, 4: rotated ethernet icon, 5: cable
adekto

Postby Skyrunner65 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Go with #1, adekto.
Skyrunner65

Postby martinsustek » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm

You can use (C) string as copyright sign. Or the c button char, but that may be confusing.

Also I think that author of game can use the other 128 chars or define a custom font - it will be saved in progmem, I think. So I think it's not so important topic. Maybe we can create some font editor.

We can also create bigger fonts or use 2byte encoding to support 65536 different chars in the future.
martinsustek

Postby adekto » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 pm

martinsustek wrote:You can use (C) string as copyright sign. Or the c button char, but that may be confusing.

Also I think that author of game can use the other 128 chars or define a custom font - it will be saved in progmem, I think. So I think it's not so important topic. Maybe we can create some font editor.

We can also create bigger fonts or use 2byte encoding to support 65536 different chars in the future.

GLCDFontCreator2 is the one curently used
and i think it be posible to add ur own font, but its going probebly have to take the form of sprites
adekto

Postby rodot » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 am

GLCDfonteditor 2 is on github along with the font, so you can easily edit it. I also did a quick Processing sketck to generate a picture of your character map (I used it for the above character map)
I think that 65536 char would take a lot of space hahaha
I originally deleted the extra 128 char to free some space, but using them for user defined font is a very good idea :) I'm not sure how to embed that custom font in every game, I'll look into that.
Thanks for the ideas :)
rodot
Site Admin

Postby maesoser » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 pm

Maybe you can get some ideas from the old 5110 phone.

maesoser

Postby erico » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:49 am

Maybe an <enter> sign could be there? here a quick mock...

Could be useful if keyboard attached or as a general press anything to continuel, but then, for the last reason, there are alredy icons into the list that could do the trick. Maybe I have to think more...
Attachments
extra.jpg
extra.jpg (11.41 KiB) Viewed 7092 times
erico

Postby rodot » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 pm

In every game mockup you guys posted, you didn't used the default 5x7 font, but a way smaller one. You didn't even ask for it, but here it is:

tinyfont3x5.jpg
This is really small!
tinyfont3x5.jpg (55.3 KiB) Viewed 7080 times

You just have to set
Code: Select all
#define TINY_FONT 1

in settings.c to switch between the standard and the small size.

I'm now updating the whole GUI library for it to adapt to different font sizes.
For now, we can't have both small and regular size at the same time. Do you think we should?
rodot
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Software Development