West Bank

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

West Bank

Postby arickert » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:16 am

Hi!
Does anybody remember "West Bank"? It was a game for the C64. You were working in a bank in the wild west.
There are three doors, which are regularly opening. When there is some people, who wants to bring you some money, you don't have to shoot. If there is some gangster, you have to shoot him.
At the moment, I just made some graphics and the three doors are opening by random with different people behind.
And you need to update display.cpp and display.h as I added some functions for the bitmaps.

That's all for the moment.
As I had this lying on my hard disk for some weeks, I wanted to show it before I forget about it...

Many things are still missing:
- For the guy with three hats on it, you have to shoot the hats. At the end, there will be some money on his head or there will be a bomb.
- Shooting is also missing (nearly everything is missing until now)

And there are still some problems...
- For the gangsters, I have the problem to show the gun in their hand with only a few pixels?!
- The music is also a big problem. If you know the original game, the music was really good. But for the gamebuino, it is at the moment quite difficult to convert some kind of music.

Maybe, you have some ideas for the graphics or musics.

You can find some info about the original game here: http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/West_Bank
Attachments
Display.zip
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
b_WestBank_hex.zip
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
b_WestBank-141211a.zip
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
arickert

Re: West Bank

Postby LuDoPhotography » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:16 am

Cool missing the scores

Sorry for my english :?