[WIP] SplashBox (Splatoon Platformer in 2D for Gamebuino)

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

[WIP] SplashBox (Splatoon Platformer in 2D for Gamebuino)

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Hey!

It had been a long time since I visited returned to the site. I'll be back soon, I'm working on Console Block and I've almost finished the second update (InDev 2.0). Once this update will be finished, i will start to work on SplahBox. It's a Splatoon like game, there's will be 4 player support, Player+Player vs Player+Player. You can play alone (Bot+Player vs Bot+Bot). Versus your friend (Player+Bot vs Player+Bot) or with your friend (Player+Player vs Bot+Bot)... This game will use the same engine used in BigBlackBox. I think I'm gonna need help to create the Multi-Gamebuino support. Here's some picture of the controls, the cam and what the game should look like.
Attachments
Picture_3.png
Camera System
Picture_3.png (541 Bytes) Viewed 12687 times
Picture_2.png
Controls
Picture_2.png (896 Bytes) Viewed 12687 times
Picture_1.png
Main Game
Picture_1.png (795 Bytes) Viewed 12687 times
Last edited by STUDIOCRAFTapps on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Re: I'll be back soon with: SplashBox

Postby frakasss » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Looks promising! :-)

Since this kind of game is more 'nervous', I would expect less character animation and more 'speed' than in your previous awesome game... But that's just my opinion! ;-)
frakasss

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:08 pm

frakasss wrote:Looks promising! :-)

Since this kind of game is more 'nervous', I would expect less character animation and more 'speed' than in your previous awesome game... But that's just my opinion! ;-)

Good idea. There's a speed variable in the engine, it won't be hard to change the speed and for less animation, i will reduce the "sprite extension", the player will still be extendended when falling/jumping but it's going to be less pronounced...
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:14 pm

*Removed Content*
Last edited by STUDIOCRAFTapps on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Update!

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:23 am

Hi guy!

I've announced my new project few week ago. I'll be able to start this project when I'll finish the update and the video for my game ConsoleBlock.

Even if the project isn't started yet, the planning of the drawing portion of the game is in progress.

Here how I'll do it. (Note: If the element is drawn First, it'll be Under the element drawn After)

1) The tile without border and splashes (The grey)

2) The splashes, first, we read the order on the boolean order array (true > draw splashes in white, false > draw splashes in black), after, we need to find the splash tile by reading the splash intensity array (with the byte value type) : higher the number will be, more splashes the tile will contain.The program needs to draw the splash with the wanted color and verify what is the surrounding of the tile because the slash won't look the same on the ground as on the wall

3) Draw the border (It's just a black outline)

That's all for the drawing order! I've also planned what will be the weapon and what are the pro and cons of the color of the player (for example black team respawn faster but jump lower)
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:58 pm

I've started to developpement of splash box! I will publish a small demo to show how the splash engine works when it will be done!
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Re: [WIP] SplashBox (Splatoon Platformer in 2D for Gamebuino

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:50 pm

The game is now in development, after a long pause (due to the development of ConsoleBlock). I'm working on the inking system but that sort of mechanic takes a TON of SRAM. I'm pretty sure that'll be able to figure out what to do anyway.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:28 pm

Wanna try the demo that I promised? I have the HEX file. The code isn't available for now. The demo is all about showing the painting engine. The demo has only one color and one layer of paint but the engine supports 2 colors and has 0-3 layer of paint. Note: The demo has the BigBlackBox banner, I didn't remove it. :?

EDIT: The error is now fixed! I accidentally put an old version.
Attachments
SPLASH.HEX.zip
DEMO v2
(18.94 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
Last edited by STUDIOCRAFTapps on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby erico » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 am

Will be trying out soon!
erico

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:10 pm

I've tried the demo file and... It's no longer working *facepalm*... I'll release something that works soon.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Next

Return to Project Guidance & Game development