Legend of Zelda?

Advice on general approaches or feasibility and discussions about game design

Re: Legend of Zelda?

Postby adekto » Mon May 05, 2014 10:05 pm

ok im not forcing you to change anything btw just want to mention that even if u give people money to play your game they have all the right to do whatever they want

but hey im looking forward to you game love to see how it gows :lol:
adekto

Postby Drakker » Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 pm

They only go after people using their assets to make a profit. But Adekto is right when he says that changing the name of the characters would be wise.

Maybe a Legend of Neil game would be fun?
Drakker

Postby Payday02 » Tue May 06, 2014 12:19 pm

Ok thanks Adekto and Drakker, and I think that I will change a few things like the names and stuff. I've got time to brainstorm since r0d0t is sending the gamebuinos out in the order that they were bought and I bought mine literally 3 hours before it ended lol,
Payday02

Postby SilentSpy » Mon May 19, 2014 12:53 am

adekto wrote:yea ok im not sure how we would host this for you for say the upcoming "download section" just in the unlikely event they may be able to seu the entire console

in the end it all relies on a name change (both title and ingame character) and u be more or less fine

It should be fine as long as it's not intented for monetary game but don't quote me on that.
(Get it? Because you, know I'm quoting adekto... Shut up I'm hilarious)
SilentSpy

Postby Payday02 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Here's my first design at a sprite. I replaced the sprite that was in Crabator to get an idea of how big it would be and it looks pretty big. Any ideas on how to make it smaller?
image (1).jpeg
the sprite in crabator
image (1).jpeg (120.06 KiB) Viewed 3921 times
Payday02

Postby TheTurnipKing » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Use less pixels. A LOT less.

4x4 pixel tiles will give you a screen area of about 21x12 tiles (compared to around 18x13 per room in Zelda 1). so, if you aim for about 8x8 pixels, your main character will be about twice the size of the tiles that make up the walls.

Of course, 4x4 is pretty small for sprites. 8x8 is still pretty small, and effectively halves the size of your dungeon rooms, but does at least leave a little room for details.

Getting recognisable graphics on the 5110 screen is a real skill, but it does have a few good points. The screen is tiny and can be copied to really quickly from a hardware perspective. And because it's so small, a lot of the details have to be conveyed via animation rather than by the individual frames themselves, but because the graphics are so small and lack colour depth, there's room for a LOT of animation.
TheTurnipKing

Previous

Return to Project Guidance & Game development