Cat Boxer! Action game for gamebuino

Share your games and programs with the community.

Cat Boxer! Action game for gamebuino

Postby Rococoloco » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Hello!

I am pretty pumped about the Gamebuino, as I have been recently learning Arduino in my spare time. I haven't done any sketch programming for Gamebuino yet (I funded, but not early bird :( ), so I am trying to prototype something in Gamemaker. I present to you: Cat Boxer!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8647323/index.html

It's barely a game so far, but I wanted to make a simple single-screen based action game. All you have to do is beat up the eyeball at the right side of the level and walk offscreen to progress. Controls are as follows:

Arrow keys: Move, duck, and jump
Z: simple attacks
X: charge attacks. While charging, hold up or down to slide or uppercut instead of dash punching

I am happy with the deep moveset, but now I just need to make some levels which use them. I intend to upload a new version in a week or two with 10-20 levels (I have all the assets made, I just need to do some level designing). Once I have a game I am happy with in Gamemaker, I intend to start developing it for Gamebuino.

Cheers!

-Rococoloco
Rococoloco

Re: Cat Boxer! Action game for gamebuino

Postby phi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow - that is a great start. Love the sound effects and the charging mechanic.
phi

Postby erico » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Pretty great! I thought of pulling a game in GLB too on the style of gamebuino...but it will be about a month I can spare time to do so. Great game you have going, more levels please!
erico

Postby ArcticJag » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:07 am

Would it be possible for you to make a tutorial of some sort in how you made this game? ;)
ArcticJag

Return to Games Gallery