For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project
Post a reply

Stopped working

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi,

I received my gamebuino yesterday and tried it.
I played asteroid and it was good, sounds worked as well.
I tried to restart gamebuino to change game. Off and On and it said something like "flashing loader.hex, please don't turn off".
It's when screen and sound stopped. I waited like 10 minutes, read the troubleshooting part of the "getting started" page and thought it was the battery (even if the power light was on).
I stopped the gamebuino, charged it and tried the micro sd on my computer and everything seems fine there.
After full charge, it's still the same render : no sound, no screen.

If the screen is blank when you turn on your Gamebuino

If you don't hear the start-up sound
    You may be out of battery: turn your Gamebuino off, and plug it in (the "charging" led should turn on) for about one hour and try again.
    You may not have a program loaded in your Gamebuino, so press C while you turn your Gamebuino on to flash LOADER.HEX from the micro SD card.
    If a micro SD card is present, check that the C button is not jammed in the pressed position, or LOADER.HEX will be continuously re-flashed.

I tried those 3 points and nothing. Only the power light works :(

What should I do next ?

Re: Stopped working

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:16 pm

If it hanged while a program was charging, the program it contains now is corrupted. Could you try to upload on of the Gamebuino example throught USB using the Arduino IDE?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am

I'm sorry, but... how can I do that? I'm a complete noob on all these stuff.
I only used Arduino IDE once for a simple purpose...

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Everything is explained in the getting started page ;)

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Alright, uploading via USB worked and I could play (tried setting, loader, hello).
Anyway, each time I try to go to LOADER.HEX (game title and pressing C), it goes "flashing loader.hex, please don't turn off" and then everything goes off :(
It's definitely not the battery, what am I doing wrong ?

Bonus question: should we remove the strap which is on the screen ? :)
Post a reply