corrupted LOADER.HEX file

For problems with Gamebuino itself, NOT your project

corrupted LOADER.HEX file

Postby chukie96 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Well after a long hard fight trying to fix this i decided to turn to the wonderful forum. so the problem is that apparently the loader file is corrupted and my gamebuino will not boot up anymore. So what i tried doing was opening the arduino ERW and loaded up examples loader and uploaded it into the Gamebuino. It worked just fantastic but after I unplugged it and put crabtor on it and played it for a while the device wouldn't flash properly and instead of goin back to the sd card it would just stay at the game. After that I plugged it in once again and uploaded the loader but this time it didn't work and now it says [your device is unsupported and has malfunctioned in last time use] every time I plug it in. I have run out of any further ideas on how to fix this I believe I just need a new loader but if anybody out there could help me it would be much appreciated. :| :?:
chukie96

Re: corrupted LOADER.HEX file

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Could you try to format the micro SD card (in FAT16 aka FAT) and put the last LOADER.HEX from GitHub on it?
Do you have a programmer or an Arduino to use it as an ISP to re-burn the bootloader? If you don't know what I'm talking about you'd better not mess with it as it could break your Gamebuino.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby chukie96 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:34 pm

I have already formatted it into fat and used the latest loader but when I started up the gamebuino nothing, and no I do not have another arduino to reburn the bootloader. :x Do you have any other ideas.
chukie96

Postby chukie96 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Wait actually the first recomandation worked but there is another problem sadly well it's kind of a problem. You see when I start it up instead of seeing the logo and the option of the sd card it just automatically shows me the files within it which really isn't an actuall problem really but anyways I appreciate you helping me and for sending something amazing that I'm going to have tremendous fun with.
chukie96

Postby chukie96 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Sorry to bother you again but nope it just stopped working again it continously keeps crashing once opening certain files just like settings and that's kinda weird anybody know how to fix that issue a response would be much appreciated. :|
chukie96

Postby rodot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:30 pm

There is already a topic about this issue, you might find an answer here. Please don't forget to search before you ask, and post in the existing topics if any.
rodot
Site Admin

Return to Installation & Troubleshooting