sprite and color... in b&w color....

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

sprite and color... in b&w color....

Postby mousam59 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 am

hello,
i have a question about the sprite.
when you made a sprite, there was 0 or 1 for color... 1 for black and 0 is transparent .... but if i want to made a big sprite with space in it, when it was displayed we could see the background.... then i think about a mask... display the background, so the mask to erase the portion of background where my hero is draw and at last display onto the mask my hero..... how could i make that?????????
for example, i have a old gameboy in B&W, castlevania, the background was plenty of texture, and the hero had a white line around it to clarify the game, this is that sort of technique that i want to make..... but if i made a mask with 1 for white, gb will display a black..... and if i want to the all screen was black and my sprite white?????
i'll expect everybody understand...
thank's
bye.
mousam59

Re: sprite and color... in b&w color....

Postby rodot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:05 am

The default colors for the graphical function are black foreground and transparent background. You can change it using gb.display.setColor(foreground, background).

In your case you can create a bitmap containing the white outline of your character and then do something like that:

Code: Select all
gb.display.setColor(WHITE);
gb.display.drawBitmap(characterMask);
gb.display.setColor(BLACK);
gb.display.drawBitmap(characterBitmap);
rodot
Site Admin

Re: sprite and color... in b&w color....

Postby mousam59 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

hello,
ok. thank's a lot, there is always a solution for a problem.....
bye.
mousam59

Return to Programming Questions