[Wiki] The new "Memory" & "Start to code" sections.

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

Re: Improve the wiki : The new "Memory" section.

Postby Sorunome » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:05 pm

The difference is, though, that with eeeprom there is only _one_ library, as it is already provided by arduino itself.

With SD card access there are multiple libraries, though. There isn't one thing to use, but actually multiple to chose from, and you might find SdFat not to suit your needs or something similar.
Sorunome

Postby clement » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:58 pm

maybe add link to all library know to work, with a small example can help begginer?
clement

Postby Duhjoker » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Can you help me understand the SD library? Can I use full color bitmaps or do I store them in binary or what. The sd Gamebuino file I've been looking at also has collision detection but I don't understand how to use it.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3260
Duhjoker

Postby rodot » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:29 am

Hey,
Thank you for helping with the documentation, as Albert said I'm pretty busy, but will try to get back on that soon.
Until then, as SD and EEPROM libraries are Arduino libraries, you can already find plenty of documentation/tutorials online, starting by the Arduino Tutorials : https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage
The examples included with the Arduino Libraries are always pretty simple and well commented, so they are self-explanatory. 1 - Understand how they work 2 - Start to tweak them to get what you want. 3 - Add that in your game. This way you only have one problem at a time, instead of three.
rodot
Site Admin

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm busy too, that's why i will need, the same thing that all wiki uses, the help of the community.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Previous

Return to Programming Questions