[Wiki] The new "Memory" & "Start to code" sections.

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

[Wiki] The new "Memory" & "Start to code" sections.

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:52 am

I was thinking about adding EEPROM in the wiki. It's a pretty complicated thing and it may be useful if it where in the reference part of the wiki. I know, everything in references is about "Gamebuino" but an "Arduino" section would be awesome for beginners. Here's some idea of what would be useful to see:

- EEPROM
- pgm_read_byte
- PROGEM

Is it a good idea?

Edit:
I've created a new section called "Memory" in the wiki. This section is made to help you with the memory part of your game. I've also added "Start to code" wich explain how to start coding on Gamebuino

Thanks to:

1. Wuff

for helping the new parts of the wiki
Last edited by STUDIOCRAFTapps on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Re: Improve the wiki?

Postby frakasss » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Great idea!
I would be really interested in seeing some doc / example to access SD card data (creating DAT files and access them, open and read bitmaps, access PROGMEM, ...).

I know that some posts in the forum already exists, but usually not so easy to find.
frakasss

Postby albertinjo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Yes, I must admit, that is a cool idea.
Believe me, the creator of Gamebuino is a busy guy. But you can help in making this happen: actually every registered forum member can edit the wiki. Don't hesitate to make a new wiki "arduino for begginers - programming" page.
albertinjo

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:54 pm

I will create the section but i will need your help to complete it! Also, i don't speak English so all my texts will need to be review.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Re: Improve the wiki : The new "Memory" section.

Postby Duhjoker » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:15 am

Great idea!!! Would also be helpful to have a small walk through guide to explain the different aspects of game making using Gamebuino in neat human way so people like me who started from nothing will have a better grasp at what they are doing.

I've used arduino for years with pre - made code but had a hard time understanding the language and what exactly it does. Thank fully we have knowledgeable help but it could save some time and less "look at the reference" statements.
Duhjoker

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Duhjoker wrote:Great idea!!! Would also be helpful to have a small walk through guide to explain the different aspects of game making using Gamebuino in a neat human way so people like me who started from nothing will have a better grasp at what they are doing.

I've used Arduino for years with pre - made code but had a hard time understanding the language and what exactly it does. Thankfully we have knowledgeable help but it could save some time and less "look at the reference" statements.

Ok! Click on the wiki button, not the drop down, you'll see that two new page appeared: The "Memory" section (the stuff about memory, EEPROM, loading tilemap from sd card, creating a tile) and The new "Start Coding". You won't have to search everything in the forum anymore, useful forum's questions will be there ;) (Drawing map, multiple ways to do physics, (i know only one way so the community will have to help me), ennemieAI)
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby Duhjoker » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 am

Nice work can't wait for the SD stuff
Duhjoker

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm VVVEEEERRRRYYY busy now, when i will have time, I'll do it.
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Postby Sorunome » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Duhjoker wrote:Nice work can't wait for the SD stuff

SD stuff *will* require an external library such as SdFat which already have documentation:
https://github.com/greiman/SdFat
Sorunome

Postby STUDIOCRAFTapps » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Sorunome wrote:
Duhjoker wrote:Nice work can't wait for the SD stuff

SD stuff *will* require an external library such as SdFat which already have documentation:
https://github.com/greiman/SdFat

Maybe we can do like i do with EEPROM, they were already a library for that but it copy it (And I've changed it a little)
STUDIOCRAFTapps

Next

Return to Programming Questions