Sound and Music (help?)

Understanding the language, error messages, etc.

Sound and Music (help?)

Postby Calvin » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:51 am

So I've was working on my first game and decided I would try and do some tunes for it, to take a break from some of the other programming challenges. Anyway, I looked at the reference page and read all there was on the subject (not that much understandably due to its non essential nature).

My question is: "Can someone explain how I can create a song?" (and hopefully play it throughout the title screen and gameplay)
Even if you just paste an example that would probably be enough.
Calvin

Re: Sound and Music (help?)

Postby Matrix828 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Rodot is currently working on a program to help us create songs.
For now, check out the audio streaming example: http://gamebuino.com/wiki/index.php?title=SD_card_audio_streaming
Matrix828

Re: Sound and Music (help?)

Postby AntonyPrince » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:12 pm

GO Rodot! LOL. I looked over the sound library documentation myself and I understood the basics of it, but was unable to do it successfully myself. Granted, I didn't try very hard before giving up and moving on to actually structuring the game. I tried creating a 1 second arpeggio to replace the "tick" sound used in the bouncing ball demo. Didn't work at all, but I'm thinking now its because I failed to initialize the instrument first before issuing the "gb.sound.*" instructions.
AntonyPrince

Return to Programming Questions